Saturday, November 5, 2011

Depression

So having no Yoga class and the prospect of a 'free day' in sight-- I decided to turn on the TV,
 I was surprised to learn that depression is set to become the second wide-spread illness (after HIV??) in the future!  http://www.who.int/mental_health/management/depression/definition/en/
Drs Sanjay Gupta and Andrew Weil sat there discussing the non-effectiveness of some common medicines and  came to the conclusion that the most effective things were: physical exercise and increased human interaction and I thought of my friend who blogs about his depression but has been quietly downsizing from involvement in organisations supporting his 'causes'.
I agreed with the subtitle of the piece - the modern world is out of whack-- or something to that effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment